Fluffify me, Cap’n
- using a double-boiler or a microwave, melt
- remove butter from heat
- to liquified butter, add
41g granulated sugar&
9g molassesand dissolve as remaining heat allows
- stir in
2 eggsand set aside
- create soured milk:
1c cow milk,
2T vinegarand allow to sit ~5min
- add milk to butter/sugar and mix throughly (I use an electric mixer)
124g AP flour, blend until smooth
123g AP flourand blend (gently) until smooth
- fry on a hot, oiled griddle or cast-iron skillet
- As per image, center is a pinch moist, although moisture content is conducive to eating later in the day; pancakes are still quite good after a few hours of sitting out.
- As per image, some of the bubbles created from leavening are a little large. Small bubbles should be evenly distributed – let’s reduce leavening just slightly in next version.
- In past experiments, I have substituted a banana baby-food pouch for an egg. It worked out quite well and I will continue to try this as an occasional variation.
- Oatmilk may be able to substitute entirely for cow’s milk but I am concerned about reducing the protein content as well as reducing the efficacy of the vinegar-milk.
- Pancake is very soft to the touch, ‘like a kitty-cat’, I was told.
No comments found for this article.
Join the discussion for this article on this ticket. Comments appear on this page instantly.